Thursday, December 6, 2007

Healthy Little Ones

Having helped raised my younger brother and sister was an experience that I wouldn't give up for the world. They are fantastic kids with great personalities and an appreciation for their family. However, they are terrible eaters, and I know that that is completely my fault. I was the one who "cooked" dinner for us most nights, and being the most un-culinary person alive, I didn't always provide them with the most tasty, let alone nutritious options.

It's so difficult to get kids to eat correctly, even with the necessary resources to do so, but MSN recently released an article about how to help the little ones with better eating habits that they can grow with to become healthy adults.

The article discusses a lot of tactics for getting children to become healthy eaters, which I won't regurgitate here, but the main point of the article is that children mimic their parents and older siblings when it comes to about everything, including food. Setting a good example by eating well and introducing a variety of tasty and nutritious foods is essential for teaching a child how to eat correctly.

No comments: