Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sounds Fishy...

In a recent article from msn health, scientists are now trying to prove that foods such as fish and yogurt can be passed off as "smart foods." The article confused me a bit, as there was no hard scientific explanation as to this new "discovery," but the general idea sounds about right.

My mother always told me that fish were good for me, and while I figured that was just because we were from the Gulf of Mexico and seafood was readily available, it has been proven that high levels of DHA are found in fish.

DHA, a chemical that provides much of the cell membranes in our brains can be found in other foods such as soy milk, eggs and yogurt. And even though I will not disagree that these foods provide tremendous health benefits, I'm gonna need a little more information before signing up for Jeopardy after a salmon-binge.

No comments: