Saturday, September 29, 2007

Super Sized?

Have you ever seen the movie Supersize Me? I'll admit, I've only seen it once, and that's all I need to see, because it disturbed me so much. I wanted to throw up after seeing the change going on with him during the entire debacle, but I just found a picture of the Obesity Scale for America, and was just as grossed out...



Even though Virginia is in the Orange scale rather than the red or dreaded purple, that still means that almost a quarter of our state's population is obese. According to ObesityinAmerica.org, obesity claims the lives of almost half a million people per year, and the number is growing. This site not only looks at different ways of losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but also researches the genetics of obesity. It's actually a pretty informative site, if you decide to look at it.

The thing is, most of us at least have a family member or friend who is obese, and it's no way to live your life. In order for us as a nation, state, or even just as friends to change this epidemic, we have to become informed of the reasons behind and factors leading to obesity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in a love/hate relationship with virtual memory because of the way prices are always,and I mean always falling. I absolutely hate buying SD Cards for my R4 / R4i at (seemingly) a crazy bargain price only to see it become a whole lot more cheaper a few months later.

(Posted from HomeBrow for R4i Nintendo DS.)